The need for more sustainable, energy-efficient, and aesthetically pleasing design solutions has been driving the demand for wood as a building material in both structural and non-structural applications.
Modern architects and construction companies are increasingly looking for wood building supplies that are sturdy, durable, easy-to-install, maintenance-free, sensually elegant, and cost-effective.
Finding the best wood construction companies
World Construction Network has listed some of the leading players in the wood industry, based on its intel, insights, and decades-long experience in the sector.
The list includes companies with proven track records in some of the world-renowned wood industrial construction projects, as well as suppliers of a wide range of specialised wood products for interior and exterior applications in the construction industry.
The list also includes wood construction consulting and technical assistance specialists for a variety of projects including timber-framed buildings, wooden houses, multi-arenas, acoustic halls, and auditoriums.
The information contained within the download document is meant for architects, planners, builders, contractors, design-build consultants, engineers, interior designers, procurement executives, and any other individual involved in the design, procurement and use of wood-based construction elements and solutions.
The download contains detailed information on wood solutions providers and their product and service lines, alongside contact details to aid your purchasing or hiring decisions.
Types of wood industrial construction solutions
Wood products are used in a variety of construction applications, ranging from facade cladding, roofing, and ceiling to decking, flooring, windows, and furniture.
Wood-based construction solutions for building and housing applications include, but are not limited to:
- Fire-retardant and humidity-resistant lumber and timber products
- Laminated wood flooring, wall boards and beams
- Engineered wood flooring and ceiling solutions
- Cross-laminated timber solutions for walls and roofs
- Wood deck supports, pre-finished floor planks and wooden tiles
- Laminated veneer lumber products for structural applications
- Resin-impregnated veneer sheets
- Energy-efficient wooden windows and doors
- Wooden stairs and timber noise barrier systems
- Wood composites made of reclaimed wood fibre and vinyl
- Timber preservative products
- Building information modelling (BIM) for wood construction projects, and
- Wood products technical assistance and laboratory test services