Construction work on the $31m Broken Hill Battery Storage Facility located in Broken Hill, New South Wales, Australia commenced in Q4 2022. It was announced in Q3 2020.
The project involves the construction of a 50MW/50MWh lithium-ion battery storage plant on 0.8ha of land in Broken Hill, New South Wales, Australia.
The project includes the following:
1. Construction of storage unit
2. Construction of supply units
3. Installation of inverters
4. Installation of transformers up to 22kV
5. Installation of other related equipment
6. Laying of cables
Construction on the project is expected to be completed by Q4 2023.