Construction work on the $300m Iskandar Data Center located in Johor, Malaysia commenced in Q2 2022. It was announced in Q4 2021.
The project involves the construction of a 500MW solar-powered data center on 111ha of land in Iskandar, Johor, Malaysia.
The project includes the following:
1. Construction of two wings of 12 data hall suites
2. Construction of 3-story, 49,703m2, 72MW data center in first phase
3. Construction of server rooms
4. Construction of meeting rooms
5. Construction of administrative spaces
6. Construction of parking facilities
7. Installation of generators
8. Installation of equipment
9. Installation of cooling systems
10. Installation of safety and security systems
Construction on the project, spread across 111 hectares, is expected to be completed by Q4 2032.
Owners of the project include Malaysia-based YTL Power International.