US construction & real estate industry saw a drop of 53.57% in overall deal activity during July 2022, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by StepStone Group’s $300m private equity deal with Asia Capital Real Estate Management, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 39 deals worth $505.1m were announced in July 2022, compared with the 12-month average of 84 deals.
M&A was the leading category in the month in terms of volume with 29 deals, which accounted for 74.4% of all deals.
In second place was private equity with six deals, followed by venture financing with four transactions, respectively accounting for 15.4% and 10.3% of overall deal activity in the US technology industry during the month.
In terms of value of deals, private equity was the leading deal category in the US construction & real estate industry with total deals worth $443.9m, while venture financing and M&A deals totalled $61.22m and $0m respectively.
US construction & real estate industry deals in July 2022: Top deals
The top five construction & real estate industry deals accounted for 100% of the overall value during July 2022.
The combined value of the top five construction & real estate deals stood at $505.1m, against the overall value of $505.1m recorded for the month.
The top five construction & real estate industry deals of July 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) StepStone Group $300m private equity deal with Asia Capital Real Estate Management
2) The $143.9m private equity of Hill International by SilverEdge Government Solutions
3) Fifth Wall Ventures Management $38m venture financing deal with Assembly OSM
4) The $16.7m venture financing of Latchel by 1984 Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, F-Prime, Hack VC, MetaProp Ventures and RiverPark Ventures
5) a16z, AIRBASE, BoxGroup, Brex, Exponent, Ramp and Third Kind Venture Capital $6.5m venture financing deal with Adaptive Real Estate