North America’s construction & real estate industry saw a drop of 54.95% in deal activity during July 2022, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by StepStone Group’s $300m acquisition of Asia Capital Real Estate Management, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 41 construction & real estate industry deals worth $505.1m were announced for the region in July 2022, against the 12-month average of 91 deals.
Of all the deal types, M&A saw most activity in July 2022 with 29 transactions, representing a 70.7% share for the region.
In second place was private equity with eight deals, followed by venture financing deals with four transactions, respectively capturing a 19.5% and 9.8% share of the overall deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of deals, private equity was the leading category in North America’s construction & real estate industry with $443.9m, followed by venture financing deals totalled $61.22m.
North America construction & real estate industry deals in July 2022: Top deals
The top five construction & real estate deals accounted for 100% of the overall value during July 2022.
The combined value of the top five construction & real estate deals stood at $505.1m, against the overall value of $505.1m recorded for the month.
The top five construction & real estate industry deals of July 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) StepStone Group $300m private equity deal with Asia Capital Real Estate Management
2) The $143.9m private equity of Hill International by SilverEdge Government Solutions
3) Fifth Wall Ventures Management $38m venture financing deal with Assembly OSM
4) The $16.7m venture financing of Latchel by 1984 Ventures,Bain Capital Ventures,F-Prime,Hack VC,MetaProp Ventures and RiverPark Ventures
5) a16z,AIRBASE,BoxGroup,Brex,Exponent,Ramp and Third Kind Venture Capital $6.5m venture financing deal with Adaptive Real Estate