Europe’s construction & real estate industry saw a drop of 55.56% in deal activity during July 2022, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Spirax-Sarco Engineering’s $272.84m acquisition of Vulcanic, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 36 construction & real estate industry deals worth $418.9m were announced for the region in July 2022, against the 12-month average of 81 deals.
Of all the deal types, M&A saw most activity in July 2022 with 28 transactions, representing a 77.8% share for the region.
In second place was venture financing with six deals, followed by private equity deals with two transactions, respectively capturing a 16.7% and 5.6% share of the overall deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of deals, M&A was the leading category in Europe’s construction & real estate industry with $376.91m, followed by venture financing deals totalled $41.97m.
Europe construction & real estate industry deals in July 2022: Top deals
The top five construction & real estate deals accounted for 97.6% of the overall value during July 2022.
The combined value of the top five construction & real estate deals stood at $408.62m, against the overall value of $418.9m recorded for the month.
The top five construction & real estate industry deals of July 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Spirax-Sarco Engineering $272.84m acquisition deal with Vulcanic
2) The $97.97m acquisition of France Galva by GALVA UNION and SOFIGALVA
3) A/O Proptech,AldeA Ventures,Breega Capital,Foundamental,Giuseppe Zocco,Redalpine Venture Partners and Seaya Andromeda $25.45m venture financing deal with 011h
4) The $6.26m venture financing of Properti by Ertan Wittwer,Migros Digital Solutions and Serpentine Ventures
5) Fasadgruppen Sverige $6.11m acquisition deal with RKC Construction