Total construction & real estate industry M&A deals worth $2.7bn were announced in Asia-Pacific in October 2022, led by San Miguel’s $1.65bn acquisition of 88.5% stake in Eagle Cement, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 112.6% over the previous month of $1.27bn and a drop of 34% when compared with the last 12-month average of $4.09bn.
Asia-Pacific held a 70.13% share of the global construction & real estate industry M&A deal value that totalled $3.85bn in October 2022. With a 42.86% share and deals worth $1.65bn, the Philippines was the top country in Asia-Pacific’s M&A deal value across construction & real estate industry.
In terms of M&A deal activity, Asia-Pacific recorded 27 deals during October 2022, marking a decrease of 43.75% over the previous month and a drop of 51.79% over the 12-month average. Japan recorded 11 deals during the month.
Asia-Pacific construction & real estate industry M&A deals in October 2022: Top deals
The top five construction & real estate industry M&A deals accounted for 96.2% of the overall value during October 2022.
The combined value of the top five construction & real estate deals stood at $2.6bn, against the overall value of $2.7bn recorded for the month.
The top five construction & real estate industry M&A deals of October 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) San Miguel’s $1.65bn acquisition deal for 88.5% stake in Eagle Cement
2) The $323.64m acquisition of Shantou Taisheng Technology by Shenzhen Baokai Investment Holdings
3) Cinda Capital Management and Minmetals CapitalLtd’s $243.95m asset transaction deal for 45% stake in Shimao Group Holdings
4) The $243.95m acquisition of 45% stake in Nanjing Wanzhiyuan Real Estate by Wuhu Xinsida Investment Partnership Enterprise
5) Shanghai Dongyuan Real Estate Development (Group)’s $132.37m acquisition deal with Shanghai Jinju Real Estate Development