Total construction & real estate industry M&A deals worth $1.1bn were announced in Asia-Pacific in September 2022, led by NWS Holdings’ $275.68m acquisition of 40% stake in Guangxi Logan Guiwu Expressway, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 2.9% over the previous month of $1.02bn and a drop of 76.1% when compared with the last 12-month average of $4.39bn.
Asia-Pacific held a 27.20% share of the global construction & real estate industry M&A deal value that totalled $3.86bn in September 2022. With a 21.35% share and deals worth $824.11m, China was the top country in Asia-Pacific’s M&A deal value across construction & real estate industry.
In terms of M&A deal activity, Asia-Pacific recorded 41 deals during September 2022, marking a decrease of 6.82% over the previous month and a drop of 28.07% over the 12-month average. China recorded 22 deals during the month.
Asia-Pacific construction & real estate industry M&A deals in September 2022: Top deals
The top five construction & real estate industry M&A deals accounted for 65.7% of the overall value during September 2022.
The combined value of the top five construction & real estate deals stood at $691.4m, against the overall value of $1.1bn recorded for the month.
The top five construction & real estate industry M&A deals of September 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) NWS Holdings’s $275.68m acquisition deal for 40% stake in Guangxi Logan Guiwu Expressway
2) The $180m asset transaction of Guangzhou R&F Properties and KWG Group Holdings by Brookfield Asset Management
3) Shenzhen Suyuan Technology Development’s $89.65m acquisition deal for 19.8% stake in Daqian Ecology & Environment Group
4) The $75.38m acquisition of 50% stake in Jinan Junsheng Properties Developments by Jinan Junheng Properties Developments
5) Sky Plaza’s $70.69m acquisition deal with Star Moral