Total construction & real estate industry deals worth $22.9bn were announced globally for September 2022, with the GIC and Oak Street Real Estate Capital’s $18.65bn private equity deal with STORE Capital being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 286.6% over the previous month of $5.91bn and a drop of 26% when compared with the last 12-month average of $30.86bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 32.97% with 185 deals in September 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 276 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $18.77bn in September 2022.
Construction & Real Estate industry deals in September 2022: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 93.5% of the overall value during September 2022.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $21.37bn, against the overall value of $22.9bn recorded for the month.
The top five construction & real estate industry deals of September 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) GIC and Oak Street Real Estate Capital’s $18.65bn private equity deal with STORE Capital
2) The $1.5bn acquisition of Countryside Partnerships by Vistry Group
3) Actividades de Construccion y Servicios’s $577.08m acquisition deal for 14.5% stake in HOCHTIEF
4) The $377.88m acquisition of Hail Cement by Qassim Cement
5) NWS Holdings’s $275.68m acquisition deal for 40% stake in Guangxi Logan Guiwu Expressway