Schemaquarantatre’s $39.55bn private equity deal for 66.9% stake in Atlantia was the Construction & real estate industry’s biggest deal of Q2 2022 as deals worth $139.6bn were announced globally in the quarter, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 145.9% over the previous quarter and a rise of 75.4% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $79.61bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 4.57% with 694 deals in Q2 2022 against the average of 727.25 deals in the last four-quarters.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $60.4bn.
Construction & real estate industry deals in Q2 2022: Top deals
The top five Construction & real estate industry deals accounted for 66.02% of the overall value during Q2 2022.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $92.17bn, against the overall value of $139.6bn recorded for the quarter.
The top five Construction & real estate industry deals of Q2 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Schemaquarantatre $39.55bn private equity deal for 66.9% stake in Atlantia
2) The $26bn acquisition of Duke Realty by Prologis
3) Blackstone,Blackstone Property Partners and Blackstone Real Estate Income Trust $12.8bn private equity deal with American Campus Communities
4) The $7.6bn private equity of PS Business Parks by Blackstone Real Estate Advisors
5) Adani Group $6.23bn acquisition deal with Ambuja Cements