Construction work on the $1,414m MacIntyre Wind Farm 1026 MW located in Queensland, Australia commenced in Q2 2022. It was announced in Q3 2018.
The project involves the construction of a 1,026MW wind farm on 36,000ha of land in Stanthorpe, Queensland, Australia.
The project includes the following:
1. Construction of two substation
2. Construction of a site office
3. Construction of parking space
4. Installation of 285m high, 180 wind turbines with a capacity of up to 5.7MW each
5. Installation of generators and transformers
6. Installation of storage facilities
7. Laying of transmission lines
Construction on the project, spread across 36000 hectares, is expected to be completed by Q4 2024.
Owners of the project include Australia-based Acciona Australia, CleanQueenland.