North America’s construction & real estate industry saw a drop of 43.14% in deal activity during November 2022, when compared with the last 12-month average, led byDream Industrial REIT and GIC’s $4.37bn private equity deal with Summit Industrial Income REIT, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 58 construction & real estate industry deals worth $5.5bn were announced for the region in November 2022, against the 12-month average of 102 deals.
Of all the deal types, M&A saw most activity in November 2022 with 43 transactions, representing a 74.1% share for the region.
In second place was private equity with nine deals, followed by venture financing deals with six transactions, respectively capturing a 15.5% and 10.3% share of the overall deal activity for the month.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
In terms of value of deals, private equity was the leading category in North America’s construction & real estate industry with $5.05bn, while M&A and venture financing deals totalled $393m and $75.22m, respectively.
North America construction & real estate industry deals in November 2022: Top deals
The top five construction & real estate deals accounted for 99.2% of the overall value during November 2022.
The combined value of the top five construction & real estate deals stood at $5.48bn, against the overall value of $5.5bn recorded for the month.
The top five construction & real estate industry deals of November 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Dream Industrial REIT and GIC’s $4.37bn private equity deal with Summit Industrial Income REIT
2) The $677.47m private equity of 85.2% stake in INDUS Realty Trust by Centerbridge Partners and GIC Real Estate
3) Masonite International’s $375m acquisition deal with Endura Products
4) The $28m venture financing of Ukio by Breega Capital, Bynd VC, Felix Capital Partners, Heartcore Capital, Kreos Capital Group and Partech
5) Innovation Endeavors, Stanford University and Western Technology Investment’s $21m venture financing deal with Aro Homes