Led by Schemaquarantatre $39.55bn private equity deal for 66.9% stake in Atlantia, Europe’s construction & real estate industry saw a drop of 0.21% in deal activity during Q2 2022, when compared to the last four-quarter average, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 237 deals worth $55.6bn were announced for the region during Q2 2022, against the last four-quarter average of 237.50 deals.
Of all the deal types, M&A saw most activity in Q2 2022 with 164 deals, representing a 69.2% share for the region.
In second place was private equity with 43 deals, followed by venture financing deals with 30 transactions, respectively capturing an 18.1% and 12.7% share of the overall deal activity for the quarter.
In terms of value of deals, private equity was the leading category in Europe’s construction & real estate industry with $45.08bn, while M&A and venture financing deals totalled $10.3bn and $182.44m, respectively.
Europe construction & real estate industry deals in Q2 2022: Top deals
The top five construction & real estate deals accounted for an 89.9% share of the overall value during Q2 2022.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $49.97bn, against the overall value of $55.6bn recorded for the quarter.
1) Schemaquarantatre $39.55bn private equity deal for 66.9% stake in Atlantia
2) The $3.06bn acquisition of Deutsche EuroShop by Hercules BidCo
3) LXi REIT $2.74bn acquisition deal with Secure Income REIT
4) The $2.41bn private equity of Countryside Partnerships by Inclusive Capital Partners
5) RE Invest Belgium $2.23bn private equity deal with Befimmo