Total Construction & real estate industry deals worth $12.1bn were announced globally for July 2022, with the $10.5bn acquisition of 63.1% stake in Ambuja Cements being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 32.8% over the previous month of $9.12bn and a drop of 60.2% when compared with the last 12-month average of $30.43bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 54.51% with 111 deals in July 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 244 deals.
In value terms, Asia-Pacific led the activity with deals worth $11.17bn in July 2022.
Construction & real estate industry deals in July 2022: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 97.3% of the overall value during July 2022.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $11.77bn, against the overall value of $12.1bn recorded for the month.
The top five Construction & real estate industry deals of July 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Adani Group $10.5bn acquisition deal for 63.1% stake in Ambuja Cements
2) The $557.78m acquisition of Ningbo Yonghuan Real Estate Development and Ningbo Yongyun Real Estate Development by Jinmao Huadong Enterprises Management
3) StepStone Group $300m private equity deal with Asia Capital Real Estate Management
4) The $272.84m acquisition of Vulcanic by Spirax-Sarco Engineering
5) SilverEdge Government Solutions $143.9m private equity deal with Hill International