Total construction & real estate industry cross border deals worth $1.1bn were announced globally for October 2022, with the Carlyle Europe Partners V’s $490.12m private equity deal for 70% stake in Grupo Garnica Plywood being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 94.4% over the previous month of $20.22bn and a drop of 85.6% when compared with the last 12-month average of $7.85bn.
In terms of number of cross border deals, the sector saw a drop of 55.41% with 33 deals in October 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 74 deals.
In value terms, Europe led the activity with cross border deals worth $919.92m in October 2022.
Construction & Real Estate industry cross border deals in October 2022: Top deals
The top five cross border deals accounted for 93.9% of the overall value during October 2022.
The combined value of the top five cross border deals stood at $1.06bn, against the overall value of $1.1bn recorded for the month.
The top five construction & real estate industry cross border deals of October 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Carlyle Europe Partners V’s $490.12m private equity deal for 70% stake in Grupo Garnica Plywood
2) The $229.88m acquisition of DPS Engineering by Arcadis
3) Acacia Partners, Affinity Partnerships, KCK Group and Prosus’s $200m private equity deal with Emerging Markets Property Group
4) The $96.61m asset transaction of Bonava by G-Group
5) Strix’s $43.28m acquisition deal with Billi, Billi (UK) and Billi Australia