Led by China Railway Group $1.64bn acquisition deal for 33.5% stake in Yunnan Dianzhong Water Diversion Engineering, China’s construction & real estate industry saw a drop of 20.61% in overall deal activity during Q2 2022, when compared with the last four-quarter average, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 52 deals worth $4.8bn were announced in Q2 2022, compared with the last four-quarter average of 65.50 deals.
M&A was the leading category in the quarter with 44 deals which accounted for 84.6% of all deals.
In second place was venture financing with eight deals accounting for 15.4% of overall deal activity in the China’s construction & real estate industry during the quarter.
In terms of value of deals, M&A was the leading deal category in China’s construction & real estate industry with total deals worth $4.78bn, followed by venture financing totalled $10.74m.
China construction & real estate industry deals in Q2 2022: Top deals
The top five construction & real estate industry deals accounted for 75.9% of the overall value during Q2 2022.
The combined value of the top five construction & real estate deals stood at $3.63bn, against the overall value of $4.8bn recorded for the quarter.
The top five construction & real estate industry deals of Q2 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) China Railway Group $1.64bn acquisition deal for 33.5% stake in Yunnan Dianzhong Water Diversion Engineering
2) The $787.22m acquisition of Guangzhou Pinzhen Property Development by Guangzhou Yuexiu Huacheng Real Estate Development
3) Shanghai Xingye Housing $623.35m acquisition deal for 92.8% stake in Xinjiang Hongnao San Railway
4) The $295.28m acquisition of Sichuan Neisui Expressway by China Merchants Wealth Asset Management
5) Nws $289.92m acquisition of 40% stake in Guangxi Logan Guiwu Expressway