Asia-Pacific’s construction & real estate industry saw a drop of 54.69% in deal activity during July 2022, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Adani Group’s $10.5bn acquisition of 63.1% stake in Ambuja Cements, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 29 construction & real estate industry deals worth $11.2bn were announced for the region in July 2022, against the 12-month average of 64 deals.
Of all the deal types, M&A saw most activity in July 2022 with 20 transactions, representing a 69% share for the region.
In second place was venture financing with eight deals, followed by private equity deals with one transactions, respectively capturing a 27.6% and 3.5% share of the overall deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of deals, M&A was the leading category in Asia-Pacific’s construction & real estate industry with $11.14bn, while venture financing and private equity deals totalled $16.57m and $5.39m, respectively.
Asia-Pacific construction & real estate industry deals in July 2022: Top deals
The top five construction & real estate deals accounted for 99.7% of the overall value during July 2022.
The combined value of the top five construction & real estate deals stood at $11.14bn, against the overall value of $11.2bn recorded for the month.
The top five construction & real estate industry deals of July 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Adani Group $10.5bn acquisition deal for 63.1% stake in Ambuja Cements
2) The $557.78m acquisition of Ningbo Yonghuan Real Estate Development and Ningbo Yongyun Real Estate Development by Jinmao Huadong Enterprises Management
3) Xiamen Differ Yield Cultural Tourism Group $43.35m acquisition deal with Lishui Fu Feng Cultural ToursLimited and Xiamen Dingzao Commercial Operation ManagementLimited
4) The $22.43m acquisition of Schwarz Excavations by MAAS Group Holdings
5) Dynamic Group Holdings $13.02m acquisition deal with Welldrill