Construction work on the $31m SAM Centre Recreation Center located in Calgary, Alberta, Canada commenced in Q3 2022. It was announced in Q2 2019.
The project involves the construction of a recreational center on 0.27ha of land in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
The project includes the following:
1. Construction of a sports space
2. Construction of a gymnasium
3. Construction of a fitness center
4. Construction of multipurpose rooms
5. Construction of a child play space
6. Installation of safety and security systems
Construction on the project, spread across 0 hectares, is expected to be completed by Q4 2023.
Owners of the project include Canada-based Calgary Stampeders.
Canada-based Formed Alliance Architecture Studio is the architect and engineering design consultant for the SAM Centre Recreation Center, while The City of Calgary is the planning authority.