Construction work on the $198m East Connection Highway to Felipe Angeles International Airport (AIFA) located in Mexico City, Mexico commenced in Q4 2021. It was announced in Q1 2020.
The project involves the construction of an East Connection Highway to AIFA in Mexico.
The project includes the following:
1. Construction of a 6.8km two-lane road in each direction
2. Construction of 1.1km of viaduct
3. Construction of drainage system
4. Construction of pavements
5. Installation of signalling and security systems.
Construction on the project is expected to be completed by Q4 2023.
Owners of the project include the Secretary of Economic Development, State of Mexico.