Construction work on the $120m Sapa International Airport Development: Phase I located in Lao Cai, Vietnam commenced in Q2 2022. It was announced in Q4 2011.
The project involves the construction of an airport in Lao Cai, Vietnam.
The project includes the following:
1. Construction of runways
2. Construction of aircraft parking spaces
3. Construction of waiting rooms
4. Construction of brake stations, warehouses, fence walls, flower gardens
5. Construction of lowering plane branches
6. Construction of baggage handling facility
7. Installation of an information control system
8. Installation of safety systems
9. Construction of related facilities
Construction on the project is expected to be completed by Q4 2025.
Owners of the project include Vietnam-based Civil Aviation Administration of Vietnam (CAAV), Ministry of Transport and Communications, Vietnam.