Construction work on the $250m Institute for Digital Innovation Arlington Campus located in Arlington, Virginia, the US commenced in Q2 2022. It was announced in Q2 2017.
The project involves the construction of a 33,445m2 institute for digital innovation campus in Virginia, the US.
The project includes the following:
1. Construction of classrooms on 3,530m2 area
2. Construction of a 6,642m2 R&D and Instruction Laboratory
3. Construction of 5,806m2 of office space
4. Construction of 557m2 university informal learning space
5. Construction of 696m2 multi-purpose space
6. Construction of 11,148m2 corporate lab and office space
7. Construction of 1,393m2 retail space
8. Construction of 13,563m2 parking space
9. Installation of elevators
10. Installation of safety and security systems
Construction on the project is expected to be completed by Q1 2025.
Owners of the project include the US-based George Mason University.
the US-based SmithGroup is the architect and engineering design consultant for the Institute for Digital Innovation Arlington Campus, while City of Fairfax is the planning authority.