Led by $3.4bn acquisition of Firestone Building ProductsLLC, the US construction & real estate industry saw a rise of 45.45% in overall cross border deal activity during Q1 2021, when compared with the last four-quarter average, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 20 cross border deals worth $5.81bn were announced in Q1 2021, compared with the last four-quarter average of 13.75 deals.
M&A was the leading category in the quarter with 16 cross border deals which accounted for 80% of all deals.
In second place was private equity with three deals, followed by venture financing with one transactions, respectively accounting for 15% and 5% of overall cross border deal activity in the US construction & real estate industry during the quarter.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
In terms of value of cross border deals, M&A was the leading deal category in the US construction & real estate industry with total deals worth $3.7bn, while private equity and venture financing deals totalled $2.04bn and $75m, respectively.
US construction & real estate industry cross border deals in Q1 2021: Top deals
The top five construction & real estate industry cross border deals accounted for 97.9% of the overall value during Q1 2021.
The combined value of the top five construction & real estate cross border deals stood at $5.69bn, against the overall value of $5.81bn recorded for the quarter.
The top five construction & real estate industry cross border deals of Q1 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) LafargeHolcim’s $3.4bn acquisition of Firestone Building ProductsLLC
2) The $1.87bn private equity deal with Exeter Property Group by EQT Partners
3) Fluidra’s $245m acquisition of Custom Molded Products
4) The $100m private equity deal with Veev Group by Migdal Insurance & Financial Holdings, MORE Investment House, Psagot Investment House and Shavit Capital Management
5) Acrew Diversify Capital Fund, First American Financial, Global Founders Capital, Greycroft Partners, Jeff Wilke and Shea Ventures’ venture financing with Pacaso for $75m.