US construction & real estate industry saw a drop of 53.57% in overall deal activity during July 2022, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by StepStone Group’s $300m private equity deal with Asia Capital Real Estate Management, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 39 deals worth $505.1m were announced in July 2022, compared with the 12-month average of 84 deals.
M&A was the leading category in the month in terms of volume with 29 deals, which accounted for 74.4% of all deals.
In second place was private equity with six deals, followed by venture financing with four transactions, respectively accounting for 15.4% and 10.3% of overall deal activity in the US technology industry during the month.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
In terms of value of deals, private equity was the leading deal category in the US construction & real estate industry with total deals worth $443.9m, while venture financing and M&A deals totalled $61.22m and $0m respectively.
US construction & real estate industry deals in July 2022: Top deals
The top five construction & real estate industry deals accounted for 100% of the overall value during July 2022.
The combined value of the top five construction & real estate deals stood at $505.1m, against the overall value of $505.1m recorded for the month.
The top five construction & real estate industry deals of July 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) StepStone Group $300m private equity deal with Asia Capital Real Estate Management
2) The $143.9m private equity of Hill International by SilverEdge Government Solutions
3) Fifth Wall Ventures Management $38m venture financing deal with Assembly OSM
4) The $16.7m venture financing of Latchel by 1984 Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, F-Prime, Hack VC, MetaProp Ventures and RiverPark Ventures
5) a16z, AIRBASE, BoxGroup, Brex, Exponent, Ramp and Third Kind Venture Capital $6.5m venture financing deal with Adaptive Real Estate