US construction & real estate industry saw a drop of 11.25% in overall deal activity during February 2022, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Monarch Alternative Capital’s $5.93bn private equity deal with Paramount Group, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 71 deals worth $27.3bn were announced in February 2022, compared with the 12-month average of 80 deals.
M&A was the leading category in the month in terms of volume with 44 deals, which accounted for 62% of all deals.
In second place was venture financing with 14 deals, followed by private equity with 13 transactions, respectively accounting for 19.7% and 18.3% of overall deal activity in the US technology industry during the month.
In terms of value of deals, private equity was the leading deal category in the US construction & real estate industry with total deals worth $20.53bn, while M&A and venture financing deals totalled $6.41bn and $334.23m respectively.
US construction & real estate industry deals in February 2022: Top deals
The top five construction & real estate industry deals accounted for 85.3% of the overall value during February 2022.
The combined value of the top five construction & real estate deals stood at $23.26bn, against the overall value of $27.3bn recorded for the month.
The top five construction & real estate industry deals of February 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Monarch Alternative Capital $5.93bn private equity deal with Paramount Group
2) The $5.8bn acquisition of Preferred Apartment Communities by Blackstone Real Estate Income Trust
3) Dubilier & Rice and Clayton $4.28bn private equity deal for 51% stake in Cornerstone Building Brands
4) The $3.8bn private equity of Capital Automotive Real Estate Services by Ares Alternative Credit and Ares Real Estate Group
5) KPS Capital Partners $3.45bn private equity deal with Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope