US construction & real estate industry saw a drop of 10.84% in overall deal activity during March 2022, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Bond Capital Management, Fifth Wall Ventures Management, JLL Spark Global Venture Fund, Lennar Ventures and Zeev Ventures’ $400m venture financing of Veev Group, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 74 deals worth $1.3bn were announced in March 2022, compared with the 12-month average of 83 deals.
M&A was the leading category in the month in terms of volume with 48 deals, which accounted for 64.9% of all deals.
In second place was venture financing with 14 deals, followed by private equity with 12 transactions, respectively accounting for 18.9% and 16.2% of overall deal activity in the US technology industry during the month.
In terms of value of deals, M&A was the leading deal category in the US construction & real estate industry with total deals worth $670m, followed by venture financing deals totalled $649.69m.
US construction & real estate industry deals in March 2022: Top deals
The top five construction & real estate industry deals accounted for 84.9% of the overall value during March 2022.
The combined value of the top five construction & real estate deals stood at $1.12bn, against the overall value of $1.3bn recorded for the month.
The top five construction & real estate industry deals of March 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Bond Capital Management,Fifth Wall Ventures Management,JLL Spark Global Venture Fund,Lennar Ventures and Zeev Ventures $400m venture financing deal with Veev Group
2) The $350m acquisition of Huttig Building Products by Woodgrain Millwork
3) Wheeler Real Estate Investment Trust $291m acquisition deal with Cedar Realty Trust
4) The $50m venture financing of Alfred Club by 166 2nd Financial Services,Bob Faith,Holland Management,Jason Finger,Jay Massirman,New Enterprise Associates and Rialto Capital Management
5) Mortgage Connect $29m acquisition deal with Adfitech