Total construction & real estate industry venture financing deals in Q3 2019 worth $1.23bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 5.6% over the previous quarter and a rise of 19% when compared with the last four-quarter average, which stood at $1.03bn.
Comparing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $816.87m. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $802.4m.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for construction & real estate industry venture financing deals globally, followed by Asia-Pacific and then Europe.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in Q3 2019 was the US with 27 deals, followed by the UK with eight and China with five.
In 2019, as of the end of Q3 2019, construction & real estate venture financing deals worth $3.35bn were announced globally, marking a decrease of 6.2% year on year.
Construction & real estate industry venture financing deals in Q3 2019: Top deals
The top five construction & real estate industry venture financing deals accounted for 70.1% of the overall value during Q3 2019.
The combined value of the top five construction & real estate venture financing deals stood at $860m, against the overall value of $1.23bn recorded for the month.
The top five construction & real estate industry deals of Q3 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Canada Pension Plan Investment Board, Dragoneer Investment Group, Fidelity Investments, Founders Fund, Qatar Investment Authority and SoftBank Vision Fund's $370m venture financing of Urban Compass
2) The $250m venture financing of QuintoAndar Servicos Imobiliarios by Dragoneer Investment Group, General Atlantic, Kaszek Ventures and SoftBank Group
3) 8VC, Craft Ventures, DFJ, Valor Capital Group and VY Capital's $120m venture financing of The Boring
4) The $80m venture financing of Industrious National Management by Brookfield Properties Retail, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board, Equinoxe Alternative Investment Services, Fifth Wall Ventures Management, Granite Properties, Riverwood Capital, TF Cornerstone and Wells Fargo Strategic Capital
5) DivcoWest, Fidelity Investments Canada, G Squared, GV Management Co, Harry Tsao, John Miller and RXR Realty's venture financing of Kitchen United for $40m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term 'acquisition' refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.