Total construction & real estate industry M&A deals worth $756.8m were announced in Asia-Pacific in August 2022, led by Shanghai Chengtou Holding’s $170.56m acquisition of 15.3% stake in Shanghai Luxiangyuan Real Estate, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 93.6% over the previous month of $11.81bn and a drop of 84.7% when compared with the last 12-month average of $4.96bn.
Asia-Pacific held a 50.12% share of the global construction & real estate industry M&A deal value that totalled $1.51bn in August 2022. With a 36.29% share and deals worth $547.92m, China was the top country in Asia-Pacific’s M&A deal value across construction & real estate industry.
In terms of M&A deal activity, Asia-Pacific recorded 35 deals during August 2022, marking a decrease of 38.60% over the previous month and a drop of 32.69% over the 12-month average. China recorded eight deals during the month.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
Asia-Pacific construction & real estate industry M&A deals in August 2022: Top deals
The top five construction & real estate industry M&A deals accounted for 72.4% of the overall value during August 2022.
The combined value of the top five construction & real estate deals stood at $547.92m, against the overall value of $756.8m recorded for the month.
The top five construction & real estate industry M&A deals of August 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Shanghai Chengtou Holding’s $170.56m acquisition deal for 15.3% stake in Shanghai Luxiangyuan Real Estate
2) The $127.05m acquisition of 34% stake in Guangzhou Zhaoying Real Estate by Guangzhou Merchants Property Development and Wuhan Dabenying Commercial Management
3) Shanghai Hebo Properties ConsultancyLimited’s $116.83m acquisition deal with Shanghai Bozheng PropertiesLimited
4) The $74.17m acquisition of Tianjin Xihe Supply Chain Services by Ocean Homeplus Property Service
5) Tianjin Songjiang’s $59.31m acquisition of 20% stake in Tianjin Troila Science and Technology Development