Total construction & real estate industry M&A deals worth $3.1bn were announced in Europe in January 2022, led by DIC Real Estate InvestmentsKGaA’s $1.2bn acquisition of VIB Vermogen, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 54.04% over the previous month of $1.98bn and a drop of 57.2% when compared with the last 12-month average of $7.12bn.
Europe held a 33.70% share of the global construction & real estate industry M&A deal value that totalled $9.05bn in January 2022. With a 13.26% share and deals worth $1.2bn, Germany was the top country in Europe’s M&A deal value across construction & real estate industry.
In terms of M&A deal activity, Europe recorded 47 deals during January 2022, marking a decrease of 41.25% over the previous month and a drop of 20.34% over the 12-month average. The UK recorded 13 deals during the month.
Europe construction & real estate industry M&A deals in January 2022: Top deals
The top five construction & real estate industry M&A deals accounted for 71.5% of the overall value during January 2022.
The combined value of the top five construction & real estate deals stood at $2.18bn, against the overall value of $3.1bn recorded for the month.
The top five construction & real estate industry M&A deals of January 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) DIC Real Estate InvestmentsKGaA $1.2bn acquisition deal for 51% stake in VIB Vermogen
2) The $385.16m acquisition of PRB Group by Holcim
3) Barratt Developments $334.75m acquisition deal with Gladman Developments
4) The $147.27m acquisition of La Finca Global Assets SOCIMI by Grupo LaFinca
5) Piraeus Bank Group $111.12m acquisition deal with Trastor Real Estate Investment Co