Total Construction & real estate industry M&A deals worth $11.5bn were announced globally in July 2022, led by Adani Group’s $10.5bn acquisition of 63.1% stake in Ambuja Cements, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 110.02% over the previous month of $5.49bn and a drop of 28.03% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $16.02bn.
Comparing M&A deals value in different regions of the globe, Asia-Pacific held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $11.14bn. At the country level, the India topped the list in terms of deal value at $10.5bn.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for Construction & real estate industry M&A deals globally, followed by Europe and then Asia-Pacific.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
The top country in terms of M&A deals activity in July 2022 was the US with 29 deals, followed by the UK with seven and China with five.
In 2022, as of July, Construction & real estate M&A deals worth $101.49bn were announced globally, marking an increase of 13.9% year on year.
Construction & real estate industry M&A deals in July 2022: Top deals
The top five M&A deals accounted for 99.5% of the overall value during July 2022.
The combined value of the top five Construction & real estate M&A deals stood at $11.47bn, against the overall value of $11.5bn recorded for the month.
The top five Construction & real estate industry M&A deals of July 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Adani Group $10.5bn acquisition deal for 63.1% stake in Ambuja Cements
2) The $557.78m acquisition of Ningbo Yonghuan Real Estate Development and Ningbo Yongyun Real Estate Development by Jinmao Huadong Enterprises Management
3) Spirax-Sarco Engineering $272.84m acquisition deal with Vulcanic
4) The $97.97m acquisition of France Galva by GALVA UNION and SOFIGALVA
5) Xiamen Differ Yield Cultural Tourism Group $43.35m acquisition deal with Lishui Fu Feng Cultural ToursLimited and Xiamen Dingzao Commercial Operation ManagementLimited