Total construction & real estate industry deals for June 2020 worth $10.45bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 60.7% over the previous month and a drop of 51.5% when compared with the last 12-month average of $21.57bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 5.9% over the last 12-month average with 192 deals against the average of 204 deals.
In value terms, Asia-Pacific led the activity with deals worth $8.38bn.
Construction & real estate industry deals in June 2020: Top deals
The top five construction & real estate deals accounted for 59.4% of the overall value during June 2020.
The combined value of the top five construction & real estate deals stood at $6.21bn, against the overall value of $10.45bn recorded for the month.
The top five construction & real estate industry deals of June 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Primero Investment Holdings’ $3.2bn acquisition of Perennial Real Estate Holdings
2) The $994.26m acquisition of Guangzhou Wanxi Enterprise Management by CITIC Trust
3) Fredensborg Bolig, Fredensborg Eiendomselskap, Norwegian Property and Union Real Estate Fund III Holding's $942.29m asset transaction with Veidekke
4) The $604m private equity deal with Vinhomes by KKR &Inc and Temasek Holdings (Private)
5) ARA Real Estate Investors 28's acquisition of Cromwell Property Group for $468.95m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term 'acquisition' refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.