China’s construction & real estate industry saw a rise of 4.76% in overall deal activity during June 2022, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by China Merchants Wealth Asset Management’s $295.28m acquisition of Sichuan Neisui Expressway, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 22 deals worth $699.8m were announced in June 2022, compared with the 12-month average of 21 deals.
M&A was the leading category in the month in terms of volume with 18 deals, which accounted for 81.8% of all deals.
In second place was venture financing with four deals accounting for 18.2% of overall deal activity in the China’s technology industry during the month.
In terms of value of deals, M&A was the leading deal category in China’s construction & real estate industry with total deals worth $689.28m, followed by venture financing deals totalled $10.51m.
China construction & real estate industry deals in June 2022: Top deals
The top five construction & real estate industry deals accounted for 84.9% of the overall value during June 2022.
The combined value of the top five construction & real estate deals stood at $594.05m, against the overall value of $699.8m recorded for the month.
The top five construction & real estate industry deals of June 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) China Merchants Wealth Asset Management $295.28m acquisition deal with Sichuan Neisui Expressway
2) The $110.23m acquisition of Shenyang Lixiang New Town Modern AgricultureLimited by Shenyang Wanrun New Town Investment ManagementLimited
3) Risesun Real Estate Development $73.49m acquisition deal for 15% stake in Rongsheng Xingcheng Investment
4) The $67.08m acquisition of Beijing Capital Property Services by Sinochem Jinmao Property Management (Beijing)
5) Guangdong Shengtun Technology $47.97m acquisition deal for 45% stake with Hebei Weilibang Wood Industry and Hubei Weilibang Wood Industry