Asia-Pacific’s construction & real estate industry saw a drop of 17.19% in deal activity during January 2022, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Super Honour Development’s $355m acquisition of Jiangsu Zhongnan Construction Group and Nantong Changle, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 53 construction & real estate industry deals worth $2.2bn were announced for the region in January 2022, against the 12-month average of 64 deals.
Of all the deal types, M&A saw most activity in January 2022 with 45 transactions, representing an 84.9% share for the region.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
In second place was venture financing with five deals, followed by private equity deals with three transactions, respectively capturing a 9.4% and 5.7% share of the overall deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of deals, M&A was the leading category in Asia-Pacific’s construction & real estate industry with $1.85bn, while private equity and venture financing deals totalled $235m and $74.05m, respectively.
Asia-Pacific construction & real estate industry deals in January 2022: Top deals
The top five construction & real estate deals accounted for 61.7% of the overall value during January 2022.
The combined value of the top five construction & real estate deals stood at $1.33bn, against the overall value of $2.2bn recorded for the month.
The top five construction & real estate industry deals of January 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Super Honour Development $355m acquisition deal with Jiangsu Zhongnan Construction Group and Nantong Changle
2) The $291.24m acquisition of 26.7% stake in Guangzhou Lihe Property DevelopmentLimited by Guangdong Zhonghai Property
3) Guangdong Zhonghai Property $283.63m acquisition deal for 26.7% stake in Guangzhou Lihe Real Estate Development
4) The $235m private equity of Mindspace Business Parks REIT by Abu Dhabi Investment Authority
5) Runying Property Technology Service $165.19m acquisition deal with Yuzhou Property Services