A Victorian bandstand in Brighton and Hove will reopen on 31 July after a £1m refurbishment by ABIR Architects.

The celebrations for the revamped Grade II-listed bandstand will consist of marching bands and other events.

Built originally in 1884, ABIR, main contractor Cheesmur, structural engineer Dixon Hurst Kemp and quantity surveyor RL have worked on the £950,000 project funded by Brighton and Hove Council.

Ancillary works include a bridge link to the road and conversion of the building’s base into a cafe.