CRCC to build $380m skyscraper in Morocco

WCN Editorial Team 23 May 2017 AFRICA BUSINESS

A consortium of China Railway Construction (CRCC) and Moroccan contractor The General Construction Company of Casablanca (TGCC) has won a contract to build a 250m high tower in Rabat, Morocco.

The firms have outbid seven competitors to clinch the project.  CRCC will be responsible for 60% of the project, while TGCC will be tasked with the remaining 40%. The project will entail an investment of $380m.

The new Rabat Tower is expected to be the tallest building on the continent of Africa following completion with a total floor area of 86,000 sq m. The tallest building in Africa is currently the Carlton Centre in Johannesburg that measures 223m in height. Morocco’s tallest building, known as The Casablanca Twin Center, is 115m high.

The new building will feature office space, luxury apartments and hotels. It will also boast numerous environmentally friendly features.

With 11 websites and newsletters covering all the key areas within the construction industry, World Construction Industry Network is the leading global construction information resource. READ ABOUT US
PRIVACY POLICY

STAY IN TOUCH!

LATEST TWEETS

World Construction Network | www.worldconstructionnetwork.com is a product of GlobalData. Copyright © 2020 GlobalData. All rights reserved.