Bovis Homes forms joint venture with housing association to build 783 homes in UK

WCN Editorial Team 20 Dec 2019 EUROPE BUILDINGS

British housebuilding company Bovis Homes has formed a joint venture with Metropolitan Thames Valley Housing (MTVH), a housing association, to build 783 homes on £240m development in Cambourne West, near Cambridge.

The development will include up to 70% of private units, which will range from one- to five-bedroom homes from Bovis Homes’ new property collection and the remaining 30% will come under affordable housing.

Construction at the site is expected to begin next February and will be located near Bovis Homes and Taylor Wimpey Cambourne location which includes nearly 4,000 homes, built between 2008 and 2018, which is now an established community.

The partnership of Bovis Homes and Metropolitan Thames Valley Housing will also offer several facilities to support the local community.

Bovis Homes strategic land managing director John Lougher said: “We are delighted to announce the joint venture with MTVH to deliver much-needed homes in the area and look forward to working closely with them.

"Local house hunters, whether they are looking at the private market or through a well-respected affordable housing provider, will benefit from a wide range of stunning homes within a popular, easy-to-reach location.

“The range of housing on offer – from one-bed apartments to five-bed houses – means the development will appeal to a wide range of people at different stages of their lives, creating a real sense of community.

“Building by the established new settlement of Cambourne, the area will become a flagship development over the next decade, demonstrating our commitment to housebuilding across the region while also boosting investment and jobs in the area.”

The company, as part of its section 106 financial contributions, will offer nearly £13m towards education. It could also contribute nearly £3.2m for highway improvements, all within a landscape-led sustainable environment.

MTVH innovations & partnerships development director Richard Evans said: “We’re really pleased to be partnering with Bovis Homes to deliver homes at Cambourne West, as we continue MTVH’s commitment to delivering excellent quality housing and services in Cambridgeshire.

“MTVH is about more than building homes, we also build and invest in people and communities for the long term too. This new joint venture with Bovis Homes gives us a fantastic opportunity to do this at scale, ultimately helping more people.”

In November this year, Bovis Homes partnered with LiveWest to build 2,000 new homes in the south-west under shared ownership, affordable rent and for sale. Under the partnership, 678 new homes will be built in Exeter, 398 in Tavistock and the latest scheme to be announced will see 831 new homes built in Taunton.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Image: Artist’s impression of Bovis Homes’ new development in near Cambridge. Photo: Courtesy of Bovis Homes Limited.

With 11 websites and newsletters covering all the key areas within the construction industry, World Construction Industry Network is the leading global construction information resource. READ ABOUT US
PRIVACY POLICY

STAY IN TOUCH!

LATEST TWEETS

World Construction Network | www.worldconstructionnetwork.com is a product of GlobalData. Copyright © 2020 GlobalData. All rights reserved.