Astaldi JV wins €82m Polish railway line contract

WCN Editorial Team 30 Jun 2017 EUROPE TRANSPORT INFRASTRUCTURE

A joint venture of Italian construction firm Astaldi and CLF has won a contract worth €82m to upgrade a section of the E-59 Warsaw-Poznań railway line (Lot IV) in Poland.

The contract has been awarded by PKP (Polskie Linie Kolejowe), the public company that operates railway infrastructure in Poland. Astaldi leads the joint venture with 95% interest, while CLF holds remaining 5% stake.

The scope of the contract will include the reconstruction of track systems for 35km on the existing line for the section from the boundary with the Lower Silesia Province in Leszno.

It will involve the construction of two railway stations (Rawicz and Bojanowo), refurbishment of the line’s viaduct system, as well as the construction of two additional viaducts.

The works, which will be carried out without interruption of the railway traffic on the line, will be financed by European funds and by the state budget. Work on the project is expected to take slightly more than two years to complete.

With 11 websites and newsletters covering all the key areas within the construction industry, World Construction Industry Network is the leading global construction information resource. READ ABOUT US
PRIVACY POLICY

STAY IN TOUCH!

LATEST TWEETS

World Construction Network | www.worldconstructionnetwork.com is a product of GlobalData. Copyright © 2020 GlobalData. All rights reserved.