Demands for sustainability, improved thermal performance and energy efficiency, and aesthetically pleasing design solutions have been driving innovation and increased adoption of architectural glass products in the construction industry.
Glass not only absorbs, refracts and transmits light, but also adds beauty to a building while reducing its visual and physical weight. Having a smooth, glossy surface, glass is also dust-proof, easy to clean, and stain, sound and microbial-resistant. The use of glass for facades also allows architects to explore different geometric configurations and shapes of buildings.
Finding the best architectural glass manufacturers
World Construction Network has listed some of the leading architectural glass manufacturers, based on its intel, insights, and decades-long experience in the sector.
The list includes suppliers of multi-functional and high-performance architectural glass products for a wide range of interior and exterior applications in the construction industry.
It includes providers of architectural glass systems for facades, windows, roofs, kitchens, bathrooms, transparent partitions, elevators, and balcony railings, among others.
The information contained within the document is designed for architects, planners, builders, contractors, design-build consultants, construction engineers, interior designers, procurement executives, and any other individual involved in the design, construction, and interior furnishings of buildings.
The download contains detailed information on architectural glass manufacturers and their product lines, alongside contact details to aid your purchasing decision.
Types of architectural glass systems and products
Architectural glass products are used in a variety of construction applications, ranging from the facade, sidewall, and ceiling to doors, windows, and partitions.
Wood-based construction solutions for building and housing applications include, but are not limited to:
- Insulated, tempered, and laminated glass facades
- High-performance glass curtain walls
- Glass blocks for walls, ceilings, and floors
- Glass doors, windows, walls, and partitions
- Building-integrated photovoltaic glass (BIPV)
- Glass textile coverings for ceilings and walls
- Smart windows made from electrochromic glass
- Frosted or acid-etched glass
- Heavy-duty glass for stairwell, balcony, and canopy applications
- Glass decor panels
- Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE)-coated glass fabric tensile membrane roof,
- Spandrel and silk-screened glass, and
- UV and fire-resistant glass systems
Download our list here.