Penta-Bachy JV wins $582m contract for North-South Corridor Tunnel in Singapore

WCN Editorial Team 2 Aug 2018 ASIA TRANSPORT INFRASTRUCTURE

The Land Transport Authority (LTA) of Singapore has awarded a SGD795m ($582m) contract to Penta-Ocean Construction-Bachy Soletanche Singapore joint venture to design and construct a stretch of the North-South Corridor (NSC).

Works on this contract are expected to begin in the first quarter of 2019.

The Penta-Bachy JV will design and construct a 1.04km stretch of tunnel and commuter facilities, including an underground pedestrian network, pedestrian overhead bridges, bus stops, sheltered walkways and cycling paths, between Suffolk Walk and Novena Rise.

The joint venture is currently involved in the construction of Thomson-East Coast Line Orchard station.

Penta-Ocean Construction of Japan is constructing the Thomson-East Coast Line Woodlands North and Bright Hill stations.

Previously, the company was involved in the construction of the Downtown Line Bendemeer station and a section of the Marina Coastal Expressway.

Bachy Soletanche undertakes geotechnical and civil engineering works. Its previous civil projects with LTA include the construction of the Bugis and Telok Ayer stations for Downtown Line.

The 21.5km NSC, Singapore’s first integrated transport corridor, will feature continuous bus lanes and at-grade cycling trunk routes to serve public bus commuters, cyclists and pedestrians, in line with the government’s car-lite vision.

In May 2018, a joint venture between Singapore-based Yongnam Holdings and Hong Kong-based Leighton Asia had won a SGD553.8m ($412.7m) tunnel and infrastructure contract from the LTA for the design and construction of a part of the NSC.

Yongnam holds 30% stake in the joint venture with Leighton Asia, part of CIMIC Group of Australia, owning the remaining 70%.

Work under the N103 design and construction contract includes a 640-metre section of tunnel with an entry ramp and an exit ramp between Kampong Java Road and Suffolk Walk, three-lane vehicular tunnels, the underpinning of an existing expressway flyover and a new facility building.

The contract also includes the provision of commuter facilities and the widening of Rochor Canal.

Work under this contract will commence in the second quarter of 2018 and be completed by 2026. The NSC is also expected to be completed by 2026.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Image: A rendering of the North-South Corridor. Photo: courtesy of Government of Singapore.

With 11 websites and newsletters covering all the key areas within the construction industry, World Construction Industry Network is the leading global construction information resource. READ ABOUT US
PRIVACY POLICY

STAY IN TOUCH!

LATEST TWEETS

World Construction Network | www.worldconstructionnetwork.com is a product of GlobalData. Copyright © 2019 GlobalData. All rights reserved.