The contract value of the project is around CAD$616M ($461M). The project will include a new 6.6km extension from Highway 7 to Major Mackenzie Drive with eight lanes from Highway 7 to Rutherford Road, six lanes from Rutherford Road to Major Mackenzie Drive, three interchanges, and new median high occupancy toll lanes.
It will also include a 4km road widening from Finch Avenue to Highway 7 with six to eight lanes from Finch Avenue to south of Steeles Avenue, four to eight lanes from south of Steeles Avenue to Highway 7, and new median high occupancy toll lanes.
Steven Del Duca, Ontario’s minister of transportation, said: "We are very excited to have reached another important milestone in extending Highway 427. This is a critical local project that will create meaningful jobs and improve commute times for residents and businesses living and working in this region."
Construction work is expected to start in 2017 and be concluded in 2021.
LINK 427's team includes:
• Developer: ACS Infrastructure Canada Inc. and Brennan Infrastructures Inc.
• Construction: Dragados Canada Inc., Brennan Infrastructures Inc. and Bot Infrastructure Ltd.
• Design: MMM Group Ltd. and Thurber Engineering Ltd.
• Maintenance: ACS Infrastructure Canada Inc. and Brennan Infrastructures Inc.
LINK 427 has been chosen as the preferred proponent for the project in January 2017.
* Data provided by Timetric's Construction Intelligence Center.