Hyundai, Samsung secures nuclear-power plant projects in UAE

31 March 2010


Hyundai Engineering & Construction and Samsung C&T have won $5.59billion nuclear-power plant construction projects in Abu Dhabi.

Both the companies plan to complete the plants by May 2020 for Korea Electric Power Corporation. Hyundai Engineering will get 55% of the order where as Samsung C&T will get the remaining 45 %. Korea Electric won the order from the UAE in December, 2010.

Hyundai Engineering and Construction Co., Ltd. is a construction company in South Korea which has carried out projects not only in Korea but around the world. Hyundai Construction and Hyundai Engineering merged in 1999.

Samsung C&T Corporation is the origin of Samsung Group and currently consists of Engineering & Construction Group and Trading & Investment Group.